mailx for 3b1 ver 3.0

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at PIC.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jun 20 16:51:54 AEST 1988

In article <916 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) writes:

>[...]
>Anyway.  Where do I get mailx for the 3b1, ver 3.0?

Don't bother.  Mush is better in most respects.  The only area I find it
lacking in is that it can not parse the >From line, so if the sender's
mailer doesn't put a From: line in, it doesn't know where the mail came
from and can't autoreply or display a correct header.  But this is no
big deal, and I'm told this will be fixed in the future.

If you don't feel like building it yourself, you're welcome to snarf
it off of my system.  It's MUSH 6.2 plus two additional fixes supplied by
the author.

Take the following files out of my ~uucp :
mush.1.Z    (about 100K)
mush_help.Z (about 8K)  put this and your mush.rc in /usr/lib/mailx
mush.rc     (this is optional.  This is just mine, catered to my
	     tastes.  It also has key bindings for the UNIX PC console
	     in curses mode.  The curses mode may have problems on
             3.0's broken curses.  I use 3.51a.)

System info: denwa.....2134792422 "" \r\d\r\d\r ogin: nuucp
You will get a Trailblazer (1200/2400/PEP) unless it is in use, in
which case you'll get the OBM.

Jim Gottlieb  <jimmy at denwa.UUCP>  or  <jimmy at PIC.UCLA.EDU>