/bin/as

aglew at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM aglew at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM
Fri Jun 17 01:32:00 AEST 1988

>	ARRRGGGGGG! Has anyone ever managed to get the %!*$# assembler to
>take rel-rel expressions? Ie: some thing like
>
>	mov.w	L2-L1(%pc,%d0.w),%d0
>		^^^^^
>or
>
>	set arf,.+1    # or ~+1, or any other syntax that you like
>		^^^
>
>The manual states that this is supposed to work, but should be used with
>caution. In reality, all I can get is syntax errors.
>
>	This sucks.
>
>					:alex.

I see that you're still working on the GNU CC port, switch statements.
The above is where I gave up (the paper was due in a few days, so I
hacked pcc).
  So, what's the overall state of GCC on the 3B1? I know Alex ported
version 18, but the later versions have this rel-rel problem.
But I've heard people talk as if they are using it regularly.
What gives? Is everybody just using old versions, or what?
  If the old versions work I'd like to use it. Unfortunately, the ftp sites
I know seem only to have recent versions and diffs back to 19. Can anybody
tell me where I can get 18 source. (I once had version 18-19 and 19-20
diffs, and 20 source, but two successive reverse patches produced a
horrible mess).

Andy "Krazy" Glew. Gould CSD-Urbana.    1101 E. University, Urbana, IL 61801
    aglew at gould.com     	- preferred, if you have MX records
    aglew at xenurus.gould.com     - if you don't
    ...!ihnp4!uiucuxc!ccvaxa!aglew  - paths may still be the only way

My opinions are my own, and are not the opinions of my employer, or any
other organisation. I indicate my company only so that the reader may
account for any possible bias I may have towards our products.