Really, how *is* Gnumacs on a 3B2?

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sat Jun 4 12:45:30 AEST 1988

     I am a Gosling Emacs guy from way back -- I did lots of
early work for UniPress (friedl at kentvax) -- but the current
product really falls down on a 3B2.  Does anybody know how
reasonable the performance of Gnumacs is on a /400 running
SVR3.1?  I really want something better than vi ha ha ha and
maybe this will do it.  I don't really want to start with uemacs
and work up.

     Please email...
     Steve

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc. (714) 545-6442      3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl

Nancy Reagan on ptr args with a prototype in scope: "Just say NULL"