ftp access for TeX?

hartman at uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu hartman at uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 9 15:06:00 AEST 1988

/* Written 10:11 am  Mar  1, 1988 by tobin at uicsgva.UUCP in uiucdcsm:comp.sys.att */
/* ---------- "ftp access for TeX?" ---------- */

	Last February 21st, Mark Galassi posted a note saying he would
	be willing to make TeX available to those with ftp access to
	arpanet.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find the net address
	of the host "noether.sunysb.edu", and mail I sent to Mark
	was bounced back to me.  Does anyone know the net address for
	noether, or have a better mail address for Mark?  I would
	appreciate any help, as we are quite anxious to get TeX up on
	our 3b1's!   Thanks,

		Paul Tobin
		Dept. of Electrical Engineering
		University of Illinois
		tobin at bach.csg.uiuc.edu

/* End of text from uiucdcsm:comp.sys.att */

The internet number for noether.sunysb.edu is 129.49.4.4, but as far
as I know the sources are not there.  I have also had problems
sending mail to Mark Galassi.  So Mark, if you are out there,
add another vote for making TeX available!

Mark Hartman                 hartman at a.cs.uiuc.edu
                             ihnp4!uiucdcs!hartman