3.51 fixdisks being released by National Systems Support Center

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Sat Mar 5 01:47:13 AEST 1988

In article <276 at icus.UUCP> lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>The long awaited bugs of 3.51 have been "ironed" out by NSSC and the
>3.51 fixdisks are going to be available next week.

	Well, thats nice. How about these...

as(1) dumps core on long lines (not sure how long the lines need to be)

cc(1) generates incorrect code for calls to a function pointer that is
	returned from a function. The result is a "jsr (%d0)".

cc(1) gets confused by the following

	#line 1 "arf"
	#line 1 "snarf"

	This causes ccom to generate incorrect debugging information regarding
	line numbers and files.

There are a few more that I have listed somewhere, all duly reported to at&t,
with no fixes yet. I even got a kernal fault from a user program once, but I
didn't try to duplicate it. (Note that this is not the known kernal bug that
affects older machines, I tested for that)

Well, They got the easy ones at least :-)

--
					:alex.

nerwin!alex at umbc3.umd.edu
alex at umbc3.umd.edu