3b1 terminal emulator

Richard Foulk richard at islenet.UUCP
Sun Mar 6 03:19:16 AEST 1988

In some recent postings several people have said that they're
using the ATE terminal emulator and that it works just fine
for them.  I tried it out a couple times quite some time ago
and decided that it's extremely slow response made it completely
unusable.  I have been using cu (which also comes with the
machine) ever since.

After reading these peopled!amemments I tried the ATE package again
(I have vers. 3.51 or the op sys) and found it to be even slower
than I remembered it.  Printing long lines of text it often pauses
four and five times per line!  This is at a measly 1200 baud.

What's going on here?  Am I doing something wrong or what?

--
Richard Foulk		...{vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii