gcc for the 3B[12] ???

aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP
Wed Mar 23 03:47:00 AEST 1988

>I got gcc to compile (make it work on a 3b1 (SYS V)) a few months back for some
>computer architecture work that I am doing.  alex at umbc3 has added unixpc tm and
>md files to allow gcc to generate code that the 3b1 assembler likes.  He has
>generated diffs and should be contacted for a copy.  I ran some of the common
>"benchmarks" using both the distributed C compiler and GCC and thought that you
>all might like to see some of the results.  Note that since both compilers use
>a common I/O subsystem, the only real differences show up in "CPU intensive"
>benchmarks..  I haven't figured out yet why Dhrystone is slower with GCC??!
>
>Ed Hepler
>elh at vu-vlsi

I'm also trying to use GNU CC for architectural studies.

Can you give me slightly more explicit mail addresses for yourself and
Alex? elh at vu-vlsi and alex at umbc3 are missing a few components (I assume
.edu. but what then?)

Also, would it be possible to obtain some of your benchmarks?
Many of them are unfamiliar to me:

	tst.sh
	multi.sh 1
	multi.sh 1 2
	multi.sh 1 2 3
	multi.sh 1 2 3 4
	multi.sh 1 2 3 4 5
	dwrite
	dread
	fcalla
	fcalle
	fibo
	float
	iofile
	loop
	pipes
	scall
	sieve		-- Probably have a version of this
	bytesort
	iocall		-- This is Jan Stubbs'
	dryr		-- Have this
	drynr		-- Have this