Differences between a 3B5 and a 3B15

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Thu Mar 31 03:13:08 AEST 1988

Hi folks,

     One of my customers is upgrading his 3B5 to a 3B15, and I am
wondering what kinds of performance improvements we can expect.
He currently has 700MB of disk and 6MB of RAM, and will likely
just be swapping processor boards.  We do very disk intensive
work and find the 3B5 quite reasonable:  the upgrade is not
being done exclusively for performance reasons -- support, SVR3
and expandability are big issues as well.  I would appreciate
hearing (via email) from others who have made this switch.

     Thanks,
     Steve

--
Steve Friedl           V-Systems, Inc.            *Hi Mom*
friedl at vsi.com {uunet,ihnp4}!vsi.com!friedl attmail!friedl