Installing a VGA Card in an AT&T 63

ninja at bradley.UUCP ninja at bradley.UUCP
Sat Mar 19 05:50:00 AEST 1988

>   1.  Remove the batteries from the CMOS and let it "blow it's little  mind".
>       (This takes about 5 or 10 minutes.)
>
> and
>
>   2.  Re-address any addressable cards (like scanners) so  that  the  address
>       does not fall within the A000-C800 range.

Actually, this probably exagerates the problem a little bit.  Most
expansion board installation manuals list to check the interrupt
and address settings to make sure they don't conflict with that of other
installed cards.  I'd get on the people at orchid for not putting that
in their manual.  My favorite offender is the AT&T StarLAN card and an
EGA card; but both the manuals that we had clearly documented that you
might have to change the strap settings.

You probably didn't need to disconnect the battery to the CMOS.  When
you re-ran the setup program it probably set all the settings back to
what they were prior to when you disconnected the battery.

Frank McGee
Bradley University
Peoria, Il.  61625
ihnp4!bradley!ninja