/usr/adm/unix.log errors

Dave Klann davek at heurikon.UUCP
Tue Mar 22 01:31:01 AEST 1988

In article <4043 at ihlpf.ATT.COM> dld at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Dennis L DeBruler) writes:

  [Discussion about hard disk errors, and recovery...]

I had this same EXACT problem on my 20x1 7300 a few months ago.  I DID try
to enter some of the "bad" blocks into the spares table (with the diagnostics
disk).  The system just kept reporting more "bad" blocks.  I finally solved
the problem the same way Dennis did (fortunately 20MB isn't as big a pain
to back up as 67MB :-) .

My questions:  Why does this happen?  Will it happen again?  Can it be
avoided?  What IS the true meaning of Life?

I'm not really expecting any answers, just trying to start a new topic for
discussion...

David Klann