NO SPACE Error message

Tony Walton olapw at olgb1.oliv.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 03:30:05 AEST 1988

In article <1733 at rtech.UUCP>, russ at llama.rtech.UUCP (Russ Spence) writes:
> In article <225 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
> >Last night in lab, I had about 12 users compiling small C programs --
> >maybe 30 lines each --, and I started to get "no space on disk 0
> >
> 	/tmp is used by the compiler to store temporary files...

If you're using the AT&T Issue 4.1 (possibly Issue 3.0 as well, I can't
remember) you can set the TMPDIR environment variable to some directory
where there's space. Use the # option to cc to see where the beast is
putting its temporary files - if you set TMPDIR=/usr/tmp and export
TMPDIR, and cc still puts its files in /tmp it's not going to work and
you'll have to either expand root or put /tmp on a separate filesystem.
--
Tony Walton, OEM/VAR Division, British Olivetti Ltd., Wellington House,
154-160 Upper Richmond Road, London, England SW15 2FN