Extended Memory Problems

arunc at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu arunc at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 9 11:56:00 AEST 1988

We are having problems with our ATT 6300+, running UNIX.  Parts of the
file system become corrupted occasionally.  So far, the best we can do
is to correlate the crashes with heavy filesystem activity while using
the text processing program EROFF 2.1 (a variant of troff).

All of the hardware diagnostics supplied with the computer have passed
hundreds of times.

The one component that the diagnostics refuse to test is the Extended
Memory Board (2MB over the motherboard's 1MB).

We would greatly appreciate any leads that might get us a diagnostic for
the extended memory board.  Our otherwise very helpful dealer was unable
to get anything but the standard diagnostics out of ATT.

Arun Chandra    (arunc at uiucuxc)
		(arunc at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu)