gcc for the 3B[12] ???

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Mon Mar 21 03:49:43 AEST 1988

In article <809 at wucs2.UUCP> dwex at wuccrc.UUCP (David Wexelblat) writes:
>In article <31200017 at ccvaxa> aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP writes:
>>
>>>/* ---------- "gcc for the 3B[12] ???" ---------- */
>>>Has anyone ported gcc to the 3B1 or 3B2? I would prefer a 3B2 version,
>
>I am currently working on this beast.  It is coming along nicely, and I should
>have it done this week (there is some serious strangeness in the assembler
>on the 3B1).

	Nice too see all of this work in favor of 3b1's. I use gcc-1.17 as
my default compiler, and i've been distributing diffs (for 1.17) for awhile.
I will also be finished with 1.18 in about a week. Hopefully, I will get
1.18 diffs in time for 1.19, in which case the code will become part of the
general distribution. I have a mailing list set up for gcc users for bug
reports, et al, and would love to coordinate with people who are interested
in working on this project. (GNU for 3b1). Maybe someday we can all run GNU
Unix on our boxes!

					:alex.

nerwin!alex at umbc3.umd.edu
alex at umbc3.umd.edu