3b1/7300 lpadmin doesn't!

Greg Berg gberg at hpindda.HP.COM
Tue Mar 22 08:39:36 AEST 1988

What is the deal with the lpadmin commands in rel 3.51 on the 7300?
The documentation is identical to other Sys V vendors (HP, Sun,...)
The %!$@#* user agent has it's idea of what and how the spooler can
be configured and does not appear to allow new printer models and/or
interfaces. I added an entry in /etc/printers, went back into the UA and
when I opened the window for printer setup the operation craps out
without and message or error.

As root (in ksh) I have tried almost every possible combination(s)
to {add/remove} {printers/classes/devices/models} to no avail.
It seems to me that if a vendor claims to be UNIX their product had
better behave like UNIX (or at least document the system specific
differences).

Greg(we don't need no steenking UA windows!)Berg