3B1: Considering buying, need info

e.a.olson eao at anumb.UUCP
Fri Mar 11 23:38:28 AEST 1988

In article <10092 at stb.UUCP> michael at stb.UUCP (Michael) writes:
>I am considering buying a 3B1, which the selling ad claims is identical to
>a 7300. My questions:
>1. Are they in fact identical?

almost. the motherboard is the same but installed ram is not.
the biggest difference is that the 7300 has a half-height hard
disk, the 3b1 a full-height drive.

>2. How many drives can be hooked up? (If only one, thats a big no-no).
>   (I can accept either scsi or 506)

it uses st506/412; only 1 drive normally although convergent has a
hack for 2 drives. i don't know how you get it.

>3. How much memory can be put on the system

4Mby; 2 on the mother & 2 expansion.

>4. VM/paging? Does the MMU require memory to be physically contiguous?

haven't the foggiest. it is some kind of vm though.

happy 3b1 owner		|	"Something wonderful will happen!"	|