3B2 uucico blues

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Wed Mar 30 11:59:23 AEST 1988

Aaaargh.  We repeatedly have difficulties with uucico hanging up
on large binary transfers.  We ship packed, squeezed, or just
plain binary files to other machines (usually 3B2 machines),
running Sys V Rel 2 or 3 with HDB uucp.  When running uucico we
occasionally get failed conversations after seeing 15 or so
alarms.  If I run the poll again it fails in probably the same
place, and unpacking/unsqueezing the file often "fixes" this.  I
have seen the same problem on a dedicated line between a 3B2 and
a 7300.  All of the above are using the g protocol.

(A) has anybody else heard of this (B) what in the debug info
will direct me to the right place and (C) are there any
suggestions to fix this?  This is really wasting a lot of our
time.

     Thanks...

--
Steve Friedl           V-Systems, Inc.            *Hi Mom*
friedl at vsi.com {uunet,ihnp4}!vsi.com!friedl attmail!friedl