Gnu Emacs 18.4[69] on a 3B2 running 3.1

Karl Kleinpaste karl at triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 1 23:40:09 AEST 1988

dwex at wuccrc writes:
   There is NO
   MAXMEM parameter in /etc/master.d/kernel in V.3.1.  If someone knows what
   has become of this parameter, I would appreciate being informed.

Hm, I'd kind of forgotten, but it seems that the MAXMEM constant has
changed name in V.3 to MAXUMEM (User MEMory, there's also a MAXPMEM
which would seem to have some relation to paging reclamation).  I just
dropped a note to bug-gnu-emacs to this effect.  Grep your
/etc/master.d/kernel for MEM and you'll find it.

   ULIMIT is now a configurable parameter in 3.1 (I just noticed), so the
   ulimit hack isn't needed.

I also mentioned in my note to bug-gnu-emacs that the comments about
ulimit.hack need to mention that it's for V.3.0 and previous.

   Also, temacs displays the same problems as the dumped emacs, so the problem
   is not caused by unexec.

Now I'm left wondering what's wrong, since you seem to have eliminated
the problems I've seen.  Unfortunately, I haven't got V.3.1, but
rather just V.3.0.

Karl