mounting floppy volume

Dave Ihnat ignatz at chinet.UUCP
Sun Mar 20 06:53:15 AEST 1988

In article <517 at lakesys.UUCP> tom at lakesys.UUCP (Tom Baas) writes:
>I have been following this article closely as I have not been able to
>mount a floppy device.  Under root I:
>/mount /dev/fp021 /mnt
>
>I get:
>mount: No such device or address

You may have a formatted diskette, but you don't have a Unix filesystem on it.
If you format the diskette via the 'ua' menu, this will be done for you; else
issue 'mkfs /dev/rfp021' for a 10-sector formatted diskette, or
'mkfs /dev/rfp021 632:100' for an 8-sector diskette. (These are the default
values from /usr/bin/Fformat.sh and /usr/bin/Fformat10.sh for 3.51)

Of course, you may play with the inode values for 'mkfs' as feels good to
you...