No reset??

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Fri Sep 16 00:49:38 AEST 1988

I have a Trailblazer on a 3B2/400 running HDB uucp.  From time to time,
a caller will get "NO ANSWER" from the system.  I suspect that this is
somehow related to what happens when someone calls in and then hangs up
(rather than logging out).

I'm not sure if either problem resides in the modem, the cabling, or the
I/O port, so I'm open to suggestions for experimentation.  (I have both
PORTS and EPORTS on the 3B2.  Do you think that hardware handshaking
between the 'blazer and an EPORT might help?)

Thanks.

Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division                   ...!att!jonlab!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334
1200 Old Trenton Road           GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800