Answers to Common 3B1 Questions

Robert Halloran rkh at mtune.ATT.COM
Wed Sep 14 23:34:26 AEST 1988

In article <346 at junior.UUCP> paul at junior.UUCP (Paul M. Moriarty) writes:
>In article <1709 at datapg.MN.ORG> sewilco at DataPg.MN.ORG (Scot E Wilcoxon) writes:
>>6. What is THE STORE! and how do I use it?
>>   1. The machine is named the shop with login shop in your L.sys(Systems)
>>   file.  The phone number is (201) 957-4646.  There is no password on this
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>I tried this number today and could not connect. When I tried it by voice,
>I got a recording saying that the number could not be reached.

The number is located at Bell Labs, Middletown NJ.  If you tried it on
Saturday the 10th, your problem was that the building had been completely
shut down to have its power feeds re-strung by the local utility, taking
out the building's PBX, computers, etc., hence the 'can't reach this number'
message.  The number should be fine at this point.

						Bob Halloran
						Distributed Programming
						  Tools Group
UUCP: {att, rutgers}!mtune!rkh			DDD: (201)957-6034
Internet:   rkh at mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: AT&T Bell Labs, 200 Laurel Ave Rm 3G-314 Middletown NJ 07748
Disclaimer: People have opinions.  Companies have policies.
	Don't confuse MY opinions with AT&T's policies.
Quote: "Good morning, the Russians still beating the pants off us in space?"
		-- Opus to Oliver, "Bloom County"