Info-3b2 Digest, Number 11

Info-3b2 Mailing List info-3b2 at lamc
Fri Sep 9 19:28:15 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 11

                          Thursday, September 8th 1988

Today's Topics:

                                    Re: C 4.2

Subject: Re: C 4.2
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 88 17:16:04 EDT
From: sigmast!dgy!

> From: len at netsys.COM (Len Rose)
>  What were your experiences with rn and the "getpwd" bug?

I don't know about that bug.  Rn has worked just fine for me after I made some
patches to:
1)  Use struct dirent instead of struct direct, and include <dirent.h>;
2)  Undefine the references to "char *sprintf()" and "int *(signal())";
3)  Comment out tokens after #else and #endif statements (not necessary for
    compilation, I just don't like _any_ compiler messages!); and
4)  Add the line "char *CD, *CM, *HO;" to term.c, and an "extern" version
    to any other modules that need it.

>                                                           Are there any
>  explanations why the optimizer has been screwed?

I recall reading some caveats in the release notes, but do not remember them
off the top of my head (I'll look 'em up on Tuesday when I get back to work).

--
		Dave Yearke, Sigma Systems Technology, Inc.
		   5813 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221