STORE! file format?

a.b.sherman andys at genesis.ATT.COM
Fri Sep 23 22:57:39 AEST 1988

In article <3731 at phoenix.Princeton.EDU> yren at phoenix.Princeton.EDU () writes:

>	I got some files from the STORE!, but have problem handling them.
>	Every file has a name like *****+IN.Z, the uncompressing goes ok,
>	but then ...
>
>	What is +IN format? On my Unix PC, it says cpio archive, but I
>	really don't believe it. It is not tar, ar, ... either.

It really is a cpio archive.  The +IN suffix means that it contains
all of the files expected by the UA to use the Install Software and
Remove Software items in the Administration menus.
--
andy sherman / at&t bell laboratories (medical diagnostic systems)
room 2e-108 / 185 monmouth pkwy / west long branch, nj 07764-1394