Unix Release 3.1 (was: new groups for iX86 unix)

~XT4103000~Frank McGee~C23~M24~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Thu Sep 15 04:37:37 AEST 1988

In article <828 at vsi.UUCP> sullivan at vsi.UUCP (Michael T Sullivan) writes:
>In article <1611 at qiclab.UUCP>, neighorn at qiclab.UUCP (Steve Neighorn) writes:
>>
>> Another piece of bad news in the "I Want It All" department - The DOS
>> under Unix product VP/ix is mutually exclusive with X-Windows 10.4.
>> Apparently the two packages have irreconcilable differences and can't
>> be installed at the same time. Too bad. Fortunately the install programs
>
>Is this for 386's as well?  Then, it naturally follows, when Open Look
>comes out on AT&T's 6386 we won't be able to run VP/ix with it?  Sheez!

AT&T's Unix/X/Open Look/Vpix products all work together quite nicely under
System V Release 3.2 and X Windows Version 11.2 (those are what AT&T is
currently shipping).  I've seen them all work together on both the AT&T
6386 and 6386E; no problems having 2 or 3 Simultask windows open with an
Open Look application going as well.  They eat a lot of memory though.....

Frank McGee
Tier 3 Indirect Channel Sales Support
attmail!fmcgee