Changing fonts (was Re: multiple gettys, why use them?)

Darren Friedlein darren at bacchus.UUCP
Fri Sep 9 21:39:33 AEST 1988

In article <62 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:
>Now if someone could only explain to me how I can get to a font loaded into
>slots 1-7 once they're loaded and/or the reason for the cautionary note on
>p. 4-60 of the Owner's Manual about using only slot zero, after just telling
>us that we have eight slots which may be used for new windows...
>
>--
>Gary S. Trujillo			      {linus,bbn,m2c}!spdcc!gnosys!gst
>Somerville, Massachusetts		     {icus,ima,stech,wjh12}!gnosys!gst

Shift In and Shift Out (SI and SO) switch between slots 0 and 1.  The codes
are ^N and ^O, but I forget which does what.  To switch to the rest of them,
you can use an escape sequence of some sort.  All this is shown in the table
in escape(7) in the SysAdmin's manual.

It's also possible to switch them within a program using ioctl() calls, but
this doesn't look like what you're looking for, so I won't go into that.

-darren
         ____
        /    \
       |                                 Rt 4, Box 416, Durham, NC 27703
  _____|_____     Darren G. Friedlein      data (bacchus) : 919/596-7746
 /     |     \                                      voice : 919/596-9492
 \____/    __/   {mcnc|icus|ditka|ethos|gladys|bakerst}!bacchus!darren