godfre disk crash

Richard VanDeren vanderen at swlabs.UUCP
Tue Aug 8 11:41:50 AEST 1989

Dear Friends,

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp

godfre's disk crashed an now I need an assortment of assistance.

1. What are the magic keys to boot the floppy version of unix?

2. I lost most of my files from the disk crash.  However, I think that
I can recover by mounting the files system from a good point.
I want to recover my /u directory.  In general I think that I can
scan for the /u directory i node using some utility that I do not have
or don't know abount.  Then I can mount the file system from this point.
and then copy the files.  My bad blocks are 1 32 by eights to 1372
and a few more at 50000.  I recalibrated the disk once and saw my files
for an instant but now I get can't recalibrate: recal response 1.
3. my copy of news source failed to back-up.  Please let me know the
procedures of copying it from somewhere.

               machine name is: godfre
                         login: nuucp
                      password: aulintak
                  phone number: (212) 246-8281
		  voice number: (212) 246-8199

		  ONLY ATTMAIL IS WORKING FOR E-MAIL
		  send to swlabs!vanderen if you want to save the 40 cents.
		  attmail!godfre!vanderen

Thanks for you help.

Sincerely, Richard H. Van Deren II