RAM error on Combo Card

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at ccnysci.UUCP
Sun Aug 27 12:21:37 AEST 1989

I just put the full complement of 1.5 Mb into a combo card I have.
Previously, the card held no memory, and was used solely for the ports.
When I configure the card for 0.5 Meg, it passes the diagnostics.  When
the jumpers are placed into either the 1 or 1.5 Meg position, I get
errors like these:

	Address Connection:
Connection on address line 1 is bad
Wrote 55 to XXXXXX then wrote FFFFFFAA to 280002 then read back 54.

where XXXXXX is:
	200012
	200202
	201002
	220002
	280012
	280202
	281002
	2a0002

When I ignore these, it goes on to the random memory test, and I get
errors in lots of locations.  The errors are like this:
	Location 27A wrote d84 read c84
	Location 27e wrote 332c read 322c
	Location 28a wrote 7ea3 read 7fa3

Does anyone out there have any ideas what may be wrong?  I thought it
might be the backplane, but similar errors happen regardless of the
slot the card is in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey