yet again Re: crontab Daemon-from-Hell

Bob Ames bob at rush.cts.com
Thu Aug 3 22:09:52 AEST 1989

In article <19560 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Both Karl Botts and Robert Granvin bring up good points.  And, yes, the issue
>of uudemon.day deleting files IS getting tedious.
>
>HOWEVER:  I've been reading this newsgroup for 2 years and have archived
>nearly everything, and not once before has the matter of files disappearing
>at 4AM daily been brought up (to my recollection.)

David Solan (kdavid at gizzmo.UUCP) posted on this subject about 1 year ago.

He also goes into this at length in "Objective Utilities", a software
package for the UNIX PC which includes nice things like Unremove,
Blinkoff, utilities to optimize file placement on hard drives, lots
of documentation on Unix PC filesystem bugs, etc.

I think Objective Utilities sells for around $125.00.

If you`ve ever deleted a file and immediately wished it would return,
type Unremove!

"I don`t work for Objective Programming (201-866-6900), I`m just a satisfied
customer."

Bob

Bob Ames   The National Organization for  the Reform of Marijuana Laws, NORML
"Pot is the world's best source of complete protein, alcohol fuel, and paper,
is the best fire de-erosion seed, and is america's largest cash crop." - USDA
bob at rush.cts.com or ncr-sd!rush!bob at nosc.mil  or rutgers!ucsd!ncr-sd!rush!bob
619-741-UN2X "We each pay a fabulous price for our visions of paradise," Rush