Goodbye, aka "Hello, I'm your worst nightmare"

Charles Forsythe forsythe at convex.com
Tue Aug 29 10:25:23 AEST 1989

szirin at cbnewsm.ATT.COM (seth.zirin) writes:
>There is nothing life threatening about the recreational use of firearms.
>Equating the use of guns to skydiving or to the illicit use of drugs is
>foolish and shows how precious little you know about guns.
>
>I wish anti-gun load mouths would invest the effort to learn something about
>a topic before shooting their mouths off.

Shut up, dickhead.  I happen to enjoy pistol shooting.  I haven't done it for
a few years -- but I'm sure I will find myself out on a firing range sometime
in the future.

The point I was trying to make is that recreational use of guns can DAMN well
be life threatening without information on how to use a firearm.  If you
don't realize that, then you have no right to be high and mighty about
the subject.  "Guns are dangerous" is not a "loud-mouth" anti-gun slogan it's
the naked truth.

You are right though, doing drugs or going skydiving do not have the same kind
of dangers as using guns -- a gun accident is more likely to injure someone
else.

Back to the subject, Seth: knowing that guns can be life-threatening,
do you think we should repeal the 2nd amendment and take all the guns
away?  I mean, people are always complaining about the drug wars --
why not get rid of the guns instead of the drugs (or both?).  In other
words, if something is dangerous and destructive when used IMPROPERLY,
should it be banned?  Think carefully, this is a trick question!

-Charles
forsythe at convex.com
"Drugs don't kill people, people kill people"