Nethack 3.00 makes stock optimizer blow up; details inside.

Augustine Cano canoaf at ntvax.uucp
Thu Aug 3 02:47:32 AEST 1989

Hi everyone,

Many thants to those who responded to my posting about the cryptic assembler
message "branch offset too remote".  From the Unix pc mailing list (I don't
get the unix-pc groups here) I gather that other people have had this problem.

The files that generate incorrect code are apply.c, do_name.c and read.c.
The solution is to compile these without "-O" (ie: cc -I../include -c xxx.c)
and then run the makefile as distributed.

I hope this saves sombody some time...

Augustine Cano		canoaf at dept.csci.unt.edu