Hard Disk Won't Spin on UNIX PC

Yigal Arens arens at vaxa.isi.edu
Tue Aug 15 05:31:13 AEST 1989

When I turn my machine on, the hard disk won't spin.  This is the
original 20MB disk that came with the machine.  This happened a couple
of times before and was remedied by turning the power off and then on
again or by banging on the machine (sorry...).  This time nothing
helps.

I'm told there were once instructions posted here about how one could
oil the shaft, or something, to get the disk to spin again.

I'd appreciate it if someone who has such instructions around would
mail them to me.

Thanks,

Yigal Arens
USC/ISI