Goodbye, aka "Hello, I'm your worst nightmare"

Aubrey McIntosh aubrey at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Wed Aug 30 02:39:02 AEST 1989

In article <3704 at helios.ee.lbl.gov> tiffany at lbl-csam.arpa (brian tiffany) writes:
>It's easy to "protect" yourself - DON'T READ THE F!$%%$CKING NEWSGROUP.
>Unless of course you mean that YOU get to decide that what WE consenting
>adults talk about between ourselves must be silenced.

 Some time ago, the newsgroup Comp.lang.Modula2 was filled with cross
postings about a contest and OOPS languages.
I didn't know about kill files until then, but I set one up to kill
that subject name.  Unfortunately, I don't know where the kill file
lives on my system.

I didn't object to the subject, but it did intrude on my morning, and
it will until I kill the kill file.  No flames about knowing the system,
please.

I now submit these thoughts.

a)  y'all in alt.drugs, please remove the 'comp.sys.att' from the
    newsgroup circulation line.  This may extinguish many flames.

b)  offended readers in comp.sys.att could send MAIL to each poster who
    seems to have blindly crossposted.  Those who don't see how
    an innocent posting could possibly be intrusive ...

--
Aubrey McIntosh                  Freelance using Modula-2
1502 Devon circle                Real time, embedded, instruments.
1-(512)-452-1540                 aubrey%rpp386.Cactus.org at cs.utexas.edu