Anonymous uucp

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Tue Aug 8 00:19:02 AEST 1989

I want to set up my system to support anonymous uucp file transfers from
certain directories to any caller.  I *think* I understand what the
setup is, but I'd like someone to check me out.

I have an entry in /usr/lib/uucp/Permissions that says
	READ=/MC3/pjh
and my intention is that callers can obtain files in any directory whose
name begins with /MC3/pjh.  Each directory from /MC3/pjh on down the
tree is readable by all (actually, they are all 775).  Each is owned by
'pjh' with group 'sys'.

Is this sufficient (assuming that Permissions is otherwise OK and that
/etc/passwd is also OK)?  Should the group be 'uucp'?
--
Pete Holsberg -- Mercer College -- Trenton, NJ 08690
...!rutgers!princeton!njsmu!mccc!pjh