Word processing on UNIXpc

Sun NCAA gorangio at sunpix.UUCP
Tue Feb 7 02:35:19 AEST 1989

It's been quite a while, but I saw some questions about Microsoft
Word on this news group and was hoping someone could help me.
I never saw any follow-up on net-news.

My wife has an oppurtunity for some word processing at home.
Since I'm the proud new owner of a UNIX-pc, I hate to have to purchase
an IBM or clone just for this work.  She's familiar with numerous
word processors, but vi/nroff is a different world to her.
I'm also not thrilled about buying DOS-73 given the recent budget
crunch (personal not federal).

Is Microsoft Word still(?) available for the UNIX-pc?
Can docs be interchanged between IBM/clones and this UNIX-pc version?

If not Word, are there other DOS word processors available; WordStar, etc?
and, again, can docs be interchanged with the clones?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

    Gregg Orangio		sun!sunpix!gregg		(919)469-8300
	Sun GPD/NCAA		gorangio at sun.Sun.COM