cTeX

Terry Hull terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Tue Feb 28 06:53:00 AEST 1989

I have been trying to get cTeX version 2.1 running on both a 3B2/400 and
a 3B15 with little success.  I can build initex, load and dump plain.fmt
and lplain.fmt.  The plain.fmt works fine but the lplain.fmt gives me the
following output in the .log file:

This is Common TeX, Version 2.1 (preloaded format=lplain 89.2.21) 21 FEB 1989 14:33
**&lplain test
(./test.tex
LaTeX Version 2.09 <25 Jan 1988>
(/usr/local/lib/tex/macros/article.sty
Document Style `article' <5 Feb 88>.
(/usr/local/lib/tex/macros/art11.sty)
\c at part=\count78
\c at section=\count79
\c at subsection=\count80
\c at subsubsection=\count81
\c at paragraph=\count82
\c at subparagraph=\count83
\c at figure=\count84
\c at table=\count85
) (/usr/local/lib/tex/macros/clbiba.sty)
No file test.aux.
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\addpenalty ... =\z@ \penalty #1\relax
                                       \else \@tempskipb \lastskip \vskip -...

\@startsection ...nalty {\@secpenalty }
                                       \addvspace {\@tempskipa }\fi \@ifsta...
l.6 \section
            {The link-time algorithm}
?
! Emergency stop.

I ran the same .tex file through LaTeX on my XENIX machine with no problems.
The XENIX executables were compiled from the same sources and with the same
options as the cTeX on the 3Bs.  Also the *.sty files are the same on the
3Bs and on the XENIX machine.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?  If not, does anyone have
cTeX running on 3B2s or 3B15s?  Thanks in advance for your time.
--
Terry Hull                    Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
                                           Kansas State University