Users of Wollongong's WIN/3B Release 2.1

Andrew Shieh shieh at elbereth.rutgers.edu
Fri Feb 17 09:31:51 AEST 1989

	Yes, I have problems with Wollongong's TCP/IP.

	I am a system programmer and my duty is to support all the 3b2 and
	3b15 machines donated by AT&T.  I encountered several problems after I
	have installed the Enchanced TCP/IP WIN/3B Release 1.1 interface
	packages which are also donated by AT&T.  Although I upgraded the
	package to release 2.1 on the 3B2 machines, these problems still exist.

	The problems which I have are as follows:

	1. The sendmail program cannot receive the mail from BSD UNIX machines
	   (SUNOS, BSD 4.2 or above).  I have the 5.58 sendmail source code
	   and left it untouched to compile on 3b2/400 using version 4.2 C
	   compiler.  This sendmail did not work either. I got the write error
	   on socket operation.  I tried to substitute the Socket compatible
	   library to TLI library.  I got the illegal address error message
	   when I tried to t_bind the packet.
	   (Paul, Can you please show me your piece of code to t_bind the local
 	   port properly?)

	2. The ftp program did not work when I tried to use the put command to
	   put a file on BSD UNIX machines.  It produced a zero byte file.

	3. I also have the "plp" source code and I tried to port to System V to
	   have networking printing and you know it has the socket calls
	   everywhere. I need a GOOD copy of libnet.a library to make it work.

	BTW, I have System V release 3.1, WIN TCP/IP release 2.1, and Networking
	Support Utilities release 1.2 running under either 3b2/310 or 3b2/400.
	I have System V release 2.1.1 and WIN TCP/IP release 1.1 running under
	3B15.

	I have called the AT&T hotline many times.  They were not able to help
	me in anyway.  I was told that the problems would be solved in the next
	release (3.0?).