AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

R.HUTCHISON hutch at lzaz.ATT.COM
Wed Feb 8 23:16:41 AEST 1989

>From article <1003 at vsi.COM>, by friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl):
] I think all the parts are needed, certainly the base, monitor
] and keyboard.  Even our reseller cost is > $2300, so if you can
] get it for under $2k then go for it.
]
]      Steve
]
] --
] Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
] V-Systems, Inc.        I speak for me only      attmail!vsi!friedl
] Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backbones}!vsi!friedl
] -------Nancy Reagan on Usenix in San Diego: "Just say *go*"-------

Three suggestions:

1) Don't order the 122-key keyboard unless you are used to synchronous
terminals and aren't going to use it for UNIX\f(rg System access.  Get
the 98 character keyboard.

2) Don't order the SSI/EIA card unless you need access to two
terminals PLUS a printer.  You can use the second serial port (with a
null modem?) for access to a second host.

3) If you can afford it, order the extra memory especially if you are
going to download anything substantial.

NOTE: you can also a black and white (light blue?) screen instead of
the amber screen.  I also like the red mouse over the logitech (flat)
mouse.

Bob Hutchison
att!lzaz!hutch