3b2 WINS 2.1 (TCP/IP)

Brian Kantor brian at ucsd.EDU
Mon Feb 27 15:51:01 AEST 1989

>From what I've been able to find out from the AT&T hotline and from
other people who have been blessed with this wonderful product,
the best hope may be to wait until the next version (3.0) is
available.  No one I could get in touch with at AT&T knew when that
would be, however.  They weren't even sure if it was in Beta test yet.

The hotline does have some patches, updated libraries, the missing
include files, and worm-proofed versions of some of the 2.1 stuff
available.  It may help.  If you ALSO happen to have the right
version of the C compiler, you'll be able to compile stuff and
actually link it into a running binary, or so I'm told.  When they
ship me the right version of the compiler I'll see.
	- Brian