Problem removing a file

Jon H. LaBadie jon at jonlab.UUCP
Thu Feb 2 23:28:07 AEST 1989

In article <350 at arnold.UUCP>, dave at arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
> erict at flatline.UUCP (The Evil Mel Fujitsu) writes:
> >
> > I've created, in my home directory, a file by the name of:
> > -ef
> mv \-ef Xef
> rm Xef

A simple way to "trick" rm into removing "dash" files
is to not place the dash file name first.  Give a
false, dummy name, then the dash file name.

	rm xyzzy -ef

Rm will complain about xyzzy not being there, but will
accecpt -ef as a file name, not an option (options
comming before file names).
--
Jon LaBadie
{att, ulysses, princeton, bcr}!jonlab!jon