Help on a CTIX machine

David J Fred dfred at sol.engin.umich.edu
Thu Feb 23 09:41:00 AEST 1989

In <564 at eecea.eece.ksu.edu> terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) writes:

>>  3) Has anyone seen a PD korn shell for the CTIX machines?
>There are NO public-domain versions of ksh available.  It (ksh source)
>can be purchased from AT&T Toolchest for several thousand dollars.
>Aspen Technologies sells ksh binaries for $150-$350 depending on
>the target machine.  Send e-mail if you would like a phone number.

A list of anonymous FTP sites was recently posted to alt.sources.
One of the sites (gpu.utcs.toronto.edu) has a PD version of ksh
available.  It is based on a PD version of sh written for V7, or so the
README says.  I have not snarfed the source (only the README) and looked
at it.  If it is for real, I wonder why it has never been posted?

>Terry Hull                    Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
>                                           Kansas State University
>INTERNET: terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu          Manhattan, KS  66502
>UUCP: rutgers!ksuvax1!eecea!terry

---