3b1 real time clock runs fast

paul kirkaas kirkaas at oahu.cs.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:25:31 AEST 1989

In article <671 at gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM> mrk at gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM (Michael R. Kesti) writes:
>I have found that my 3b1's real time clock gains about a minute per week, and
>was wondering if any of you hardware types out there might be able to steer
>me toward a trim cap or something to correct this annoying, if not monumental,
>problem.

How about just running a cron daemon once a week to roll back your clock by
a minute?  It's not pretty but it might do the trick.

(I guess you would want to be careful about how you go about it -- if
 your program runs at 12:00 & sets the clock back to 11:59, you might get
 a nasty loop...   Maybe let it sleep for a couple of minutes first?)

Paul Kirkaas
kirkaas at cs.ucla.edu