PC6300 ROM 1.43

Douglas F. DeJulio dd26+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 16 23:10:07 AEST 1989

Help me!  I have a PC6300 with *1.0* ROMs.  My motherboard is dated
1984.  I recently ordered the 1.43 ROMs for my PC, and poped 'em in,
and it wouldn't boot.  The little keyboard lights flashed (I think the
correct amount of flashes), and drive 'A' started spinning, and
nothing else happened.  Putting the old ROMs back made everything
happy again, but severely outdated.  So, I sent the new ROMs back and
just received my second set.  Poped 'em in, and the *same*thing*
happened.  Poped 'em out, put in old ROMs again, and that's where I am now.

I suspect that my motherboard is so outdated that more than the 3
chips they give you are needed.  Any ideas?  Similar experiences?  If
anyone out there has *WORKING* 1.43 ROMs, could you tell me what all
of the removable chips on your motherboard are labeled?  I wanna make
sure I don't have to replace anything else.
--
Doug.deJ | dd26 at andrew.cmu.edu 	           | Carnegie-Mellon University
******** | ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!dd26 | Do not attend this college.