HDB Problem (bug?)

Bill Nickless bnick at aucis.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 11:00:34 AEST 1989

We found an interesting problem with our AT&T 3B2 version of HoneyDanBer
uucico:

There are two modems on our machine we use for dialing out.  They are
connected as follows:

tty44: OmniTel 3/12/2400 bps Hayes-compatible modem
tty43: AT&T 2212c 3/1200 bps modem

The system attempts to dial our local connection at 2400 bps using tty44.
If this login fails (which it does occasionally) the Systems/Devices/Dialers
files are set up for uucico to try the tty43 device at 1200 bps next.

Here's the rub: uucico sets tty43 for 2400 bps!  NOWHERE (that I can find)
in the Systems/Devices file is tty43 referenced at 2400 bps.  It IS set up
for 1200 bps.

When tty44 is busy (login, another uucp transfer) uucico will use tty43 at
1200 bps.  It's only when it's failed at tty44 @ 2400 bps that it tries
tty43 @ 2400 bps.

When we were calling another system, we were using the tty44 port at 1200
bps after failing at 2400 bps.  When the system tried the next modem, it
set the port to 1200 like it was supposed to.

Any ideas?  Send me e-mail and I'll summarize to net.
--
Bill Nickless                    Andrews University Computer Science Department
...!sharkey!aucis!bnick or bnick at aucis.UUCP                  Unix Support Group

              "Help!  I'm locked up in this .signature factory!"