Internet on a UNIX-PC

Gary Sanders gws at n8emr.UUCP
Mon Feb 27 01:31:08 AEST 1989

In article <1219 at sialis.mn.org> rjg at sialis.mn.org (Robert J. Granvin) writes:
>>	I am currently trying to install a TCP/IP package called KA9Q.  It
>>is supposed to work on system V machines, bsd machines, etc.  However, the

	Depending on your wheere you got the ka9q code, you should be able
to follow the DOS installation as far as directory structure goes.
There is a difference in the config files, but only the name of the
files not the actuall commands. autoexec.net (on dos) has been replaced
with  startup.net (on unix).

>There is a version of ka9q that has been "tuned" to the 3b1.
>Information was posted some time ago on how to retrieve it by
>anonymous UUCP (I've since lost the info)-:
	I have a "tuned" version of ka9q's tcp/ip code running on my
7300.. I have it link to my other 7300,3B2 and dos machines.
I also have it on the air, operating a 3 frequency tcp switch.

>In any case, this question and others about ka9q has been posted
>several times by several people, but it seems that answers aren't
>forthcoming.  It's unfortunate, because the package could possibly be
What problems are you having? I have been running the code for
several years now.. Most of my work is "on the air", but I do slip
link some of my other pc's, you can drop me some mail if you have
some questions.  I am not sure how usefull the package really is
over a slip link. YOu can ftp files around systems, adn email is supported,
but if your looking for RFS/NFS and other things ka9q packages
dosent have  it. Phil wrote the code with the amature radio
community in mind. The source is available so you can change what you want.
the code is ever changing, there are many people making mods.
Soon, most likley before "DAYTON" (that end of april for non-hams),
there should be another offical release of the code with more enhancements.

--
Gary W. Sanders (osu-cis!n8emr!gws), 72277,1325, N8EMR @ W8CQK
(ip addr) 44.70.0.1 [Ohio AMPR address coordinator]