Followup: 3174 AEA working with 3B2 / flow control

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.UUCP
Fri Feb 24 10:30:55 AEST 1989

Thanks to ecerybody who send me mail regarding the
problem with the 3174, 3B2 and Hardware Flow Control.
Almost everybody mentioned the ixany command. Unfortunatly,
that is not an answer in our case.  With -ixany, 3B2 will
read a SECOND XOFF as an XON.  The 3174 sends an XOFF and then
sends another XOFF for each character it gets untill 3B stops sending.
IBM referes to this an an "robust XOFF" mode.
So, even with the -ixany, we still flud the buffers at any
speed above 4800 baud and even at 4800 in vi or any other
screen-intensive applications.

Any other ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Alex

 Alex Beylin, Unix Systems Admin.       | +1 313 244 3386
 alexb at cfctech.UUCP                     | Chrysler Financial Corp.
 alexb%cfctech.uucp at mailgw.cc.umich.edu | MIS, Technical Services
 {sharkey|mailrus}!cfctech!alexb        | 901 Wilshire, Troy, MI