3b1 real time clock runs fast

Todd Day todd at ivucsb.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 11:27:22 AEST 1989

In article <1497 at neoucom.UUCP> wtm at neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:
~It seems to be an endemic phenomenon among Unix PCs that the kernel
~gains time at the rate of about a minute per week.

I have a program that calls a Navy cesium clock in Washington, D. C.
I set it up in my cron so it calls on the 15th of each month.  It
only costs me 16 cents per call at night, and I'm in California.
Anyway, this software updates the internal clock, so using this
with the previous posted program that syncs the software clock on
the internal clock would keep your UNIXPC current fairly well.
If anyone wants a copy of this program, I'll email to you.  It's
fairly short.

Todd Day  |  ..!pyramid!nessus!ivucsb!todd  |  todd at ivucsb.UUCP