UUCP problem: Mac II --> UNIXPC

Todd Day todd at ivucsb.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 06:42:23 AEST 1989

I am trying to establish a uucp connection between a Mac II and
a UNIXPC.  It is a direct 19200 serial line.  My UNIXPC can
establish a uucico with the Mac, but the Mac can't initiate a
uucico session itself.

Running uucico on the Mac with -x9 produces:
[gets the line]
[logs in ok]
imsg> [some numbers] Shere=ivucsb [...] valid sys Shere = ivucsb
imsg> [...] RLOGIN [...] 0-RLOGIN
[the Mac then proceeds to close the connection, gives 07 as
 some code, and then exits with 0]

On my UNIXPC, in /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE, I get an
error message about BAD LOGIN/MACHINE NAME.

I've tried just about everything I can think of.  The UNIXPC
has no problem logging into the Mac and getting uucico to run.

Thanks for your help.

Todd Day  |  ..!apple!comdesign!ivucsb!todd  |  todd at ivucsb.UUCP