3b2 Battery

Dave Turner dmt at ptsfa.PacBell.COM
Sat Jan 7 09:05:39 AEST 1989

In article <547 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>Could someone please describe the battery used with the NVRAM in a
>3b2/400?  I'm looking to get a non-AT&T replacement, assuming that it

I have a 3B2/300 whose battery died last spring.

I didn't want to wait for a replacement so I found one locally.
The battery that came with the 3B2 was:

	Part No. 3B64
	ElectroChem Industries
	BCX72-AA 3.9 v Lithium

	17/32" dia. x 1 15/16" long.

I couldn't find an AA lithium that was 3.9 v or the same size.
I did find an Eveready 3.6v L31 that has been working for 6 months
in spite of the lower voltage. I can't remember the price but I think
it was about $3.00.

The L31 was shorter than the original so I used a metal spacer to
make the connection. Not too elegant but it works.

Your 3B2/400 may not have an easily replaceable battery.
I have a 3B2/310 that has a sealed battery labeled:

	TADIRAN
	TL-5242
	3.6 v.
	High Energy
	Lithium Battery

The battery container has two wires coming out one end that disappear
into the box so I don't know what it will take to replace that one.

--
Dave Turner	415/542-1299	{att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!dmt