troff and HP laser printers

Steven A. Conrad sac at conrad.UUCP
Thu Jan 12 13:48:33 AEST 1989

In article <509 at ssbn.WLK.COM> bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>In article <373 at shawn.UUCP> mark at shawn.UUCP (Mark Steven Jeghers) writes:
>
>Elan Computer Group, Inc.  410 Cambridge Ave Ste A  Palo Alto, CA 94306
>(415) 322-2450
>
>Image Network  140 S Whisman Road  Mountain View, CA  (415) 967-0542
>
>If they don't have DWB for the UNIX-PC then perhaps they should, given the
>large number of them out there.

I've posted this info once before, but here it is again.  Elan does make
a DWB package for the UNIX-pc, and it lists for about $800, excluding
the fonts, which are available from HP (through Elan).

For the past year I've been using a DWB package on my UNIX-pc from Textware
International, PO Box 14 Harvard Square Station, Cambridge MA 02238.
For $600 I got ditroff, the HP Laserjet postprocessor (ditplus), eqn,
tbl, grap, pic, PLUS a complete set of Times Roman-like and Helvetica-like
fonts.  I've been very satisfied with it.  I've not had a chance to use
the package from Elan, but from its product description is seems complete.
	Steve
--
Steven A. Conrad,  Department of Medicine (Critical Care)
Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
UUCP: sac at conrad.UUCP,   Internet: conrad at manta.pha.pa.us
"Silence  is the only  successful  substitute for brains"