Dram Prices...

Ignac Kolenko ignac at electro.UUCP
Mon Jan 9 13:57:09 AEST 1989

In article <84369 at sun.uucp> mms at sun.UUCP (Michael Silverstein) writes:
>As I said previously, we are now paying $10 for three dollar chips
>so that as consumers we can SUBSIDIZE American industry back into
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>the dram business. But the worst of many bad effects this policy has
>is the message it sends to the Japanese: "Don't take all this free
>market stuff too seriously. ...
>Compare the price of a basic, 4 passenger Japanese economy car to
>what it was before the "voluntary" quotas, and you'll see who is
>really paying the bill for this policy.

i'm in the mood to be flamed!

and through free trade, Canada is supposed to become as "efficient" and
as "competetive" as the US is in the world market. seems like american
efficiency has its costs.

(note: there are no smileys in the above opinion!)

--
Ignac A. Kolenko                watmath!watcgl!electro!ignac
"Sex farm woman, don't you see my silo risin' high? Working on a sex farm,