setgetty

Vernon C. Hoxie vern at zebra.UUCP
Mon Jan 16 04:18:39 AEST 1989

	I was looking through the code for 'pcomm2' and saw that they
had a system('setgetty tty mode') call.  Looking through my manuals, I
cannot find any reference to this command.  Upon listing the /usr/bin, I
find that such a command is indeed part of the set.  It has but one link,
so I infer that it is not an optional entry to some other command.

	Where can I get documentation on this command and how many other
goodies are present in the system which are not documented?

	BTW when I was reading about linking 'zcat' to 'compress' to get
an optional usage, I remembered reading in "UNIX System Administration"
by David Fiedler and Bruce H. Hunter, Hayden Books, about optional
commands to 'ls'.  They said that linking 'll' to 'ls' would produce a
long listing without having to add options.  I tried it and I like it.
The book lists other links to 'ls' to simulate the '-m', '-r', '-F' and '-x'
options.  The links are 'l', 'lr', 'lf' and 'lx'.  They are listed on
page 22 if you have that book.
--
Vernon C. Hoxie		       {ncar,nbires,boulder,isis}!scicom!zebra!vern
3975 W. 29th Ave.					voice: 303-477-1780